Pardon me while I become a food blogger… -ha!
Those cupcakes I blogged about the other day? Those are for when family is over or you want to impress your friends with foo-foo desserts.
But after all the guests are gone and your kids are in bed, these are the cupcakes you make just for yourself.
Not only are they decadently full of chocolate, they have a secret ingredient that you really need about right now.
Yep. It’s in the recipe and in the icing.
If you want to tell your spouse about them, that’s up to you. But personally, I suggest disguising a dorm room refrigerator as a shoe storage bin and write down some excuses on the back of your hand as to why you need to keep going into your closet during the family movie marathon tonight.
Irish Cream Cupcakes
INGREDIENTS FOR CUPCAKE
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream Original
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
INGREDIENTS FOR FROSTING
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3T Bailey’s Irish Cream Original
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CUPCAKES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set up cupcake liners.
- In a mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add milk, Bailey’s, oil, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture – mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water a little at a time – beat on high for 1 minute. The batter will be very thin and runny.
- Scoop batter into liners about 3/4 full
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. My oven baked right at 20 minutes, but adjust as needed until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FROSTING
- Cream butter and salt until fluffy
- Mix in 1C of powdered sugar
- Stir in Bailey’s
- Mix in remaining powdered sugar until thoroughly combined
I used the star tip to frost these then added some sprinkles for fun. The more cupcakes I taste-tested, the crazier the sprinklers got!
E N J O Y !!